Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this site
Access to and use of any information on this website or application and dealings made Landlord Insure™ Pty Ltd ACN 605 597 386 trading as Landlord Insure™ is conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. We recommend that you read them carefully and print out and keep a copy of them for your future reference. By using www.landlordinsure.net.au (‘Our Site’), you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not wish to accept any part of these Terms and Conditions then you may not use Our Site.
- Information about Us
This site is operated by Landlord Insure Pty Ltd (collectively referred to in this document as ‘Landlord Insure’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’). We are registered in Australia under Australian company number 162 965 587 and have our registered office at Oracle East, suite E311 Level 3, 6-8 Charles Avenue which is also our principle place of business.
We are a proprietary limited company.
By accessing this site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws does not provide any advice on your tax obligations.
Landlord Insure is an Authorised Representative 216 of CorpSure IPL Pty Ltd ACN 162 956 587 t/as CorpSure Insurance Broking Australian Financial Services License No: 437543 (‘CorpSure’). We are authorised to provide financial services pursuant to CorpSure’s AFSL.
CorpSure holds and maintains a current Australian Financial Services License and is responsible for any financial services that we provide to you. The content and distribution of these terms and conditions by us is authorised by CorpSure.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the site, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a licence, not a transfer of title, and under this licence you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Landlord Insure website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This licence shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Landlord Insure at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this licence, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Landlord Insure has no obligation whatsoever to monitor any user’s use of our website or to edit, delete or refuse to post any Content. However Landlord Insure reserves the right to monitor your or any users, use of our website and to edit, refuse to post or remove any content whatsoever. Landlord Insure reserves the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of any user of our website
- Rights you License
When you upload or post content to Our Site or application, you grant the following licences:
- You hereby grant to Landlord Insure a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, reference, store, cache, licence, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast and otherwise exploit any content that you upload or post to Our Site on and through third-party distribution channels selected by, but not affiliated with, us in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed, in whole or in part, for any purposes, including for both commercial and non-commercial purposes.
- You also hereby grant to Landlord Insure the right to sublicense these rights to third parties for distribution via third party distribution channels, which may include distribution of the content you upload or post to Our Site. You agree that neither Landlord Insure nor any third party distribution channels have any obligation to provide any compensation to you for your Content or the licences granted herein.
- Accessing Our Site or Application
Our Site and our application forms (‘Our Applications’) are made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that Our Site or Our Applications, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of Our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason Our Site or Our Applications are unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to Our Site.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access Our Site or Our Applications through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions and other applicable Terms and Conditions, and that they comply with them.
Where granted, we reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Third Party Links and Resources
Our Site may contain links to other websites (including other social media websites) or applications which are owned or operated by third parties independent of us (‘Third Party Sites’). We do not sponsor, endorse or approve of the operators of Third Party Sites, or material (including services, information, graphics, or data) which is located on such Third Party Sites (‘Third Party Material’).
Our Site may contain or link to information about special offers, deals or promotions by persons not related to us (‘Third Party Offers’). We do not sponsor, endorse or approve of any Third Party Offers or Third Party Material associated with these offers.
Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, we make no warranties or representations:
- regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of Third Party Material, or products or services available through Third Party Sites; or
- that Third Party Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
We are not authorising the reproduction of Third Party Material by linking content from Our Site to Third Party Material.
When following a link on Our Site, material at a Third Party Site may be displayed in your browser framed by content from Our Site. This material is also Third Party Material for the purpose of these Online Terms.
We confirm that any inclusion of any link for a Third Part Site does not imply endorsement by Landlord Insure of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
- Product information and insurance purchase and renewal on The Landlord Insure Website (‘Our Site’)
Our Site content contains both information of a general nature about us and our products and services, and also enables you to purchase and pay for some insurance products and services online.
- Completing transactions on Our Site:
- When entering into a transaction via Our Site, whether it be the issuance of an insurance contract, or a transaction relating to any other product or service, the transaction will not be completed until an ‘Electronic Instruction’ (being any electronic instruction, information, message, request or communication issued or transmitted to us via the Our Site) containing the acceptance from you of our offer, or the confirmation of payment from you, whichever is applicable, has been received and processed by us, and any specific steps or requirements as set out in this term 3, have been complied with;
- You acknowledge that the transmission of your acceptance or the confirmation of any payment, made through an Electronic Instruction, may not be received by us in accordance with this term 6 for reasons beyond either parties’ reasonable control including, but not limited to, mechanical, software, computer, telecommunications, or electronic failure, or the omission or failure of third party service providers or systems; and
- You further acknowledge that, to the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you in any way for any loss or damage at all and however caused, arising directly or indirectly in connection with the transmission of an Electronic Instruction through the Our Site, or any failure to receive an Electronic Instruction for whatever reason.
- Purchasing Insurance Policies
Where Our Site enables you to purchase insurance products or services online:
- the relevant parties may enter into an insurance policy using Our Site by us making an express electronic offer via Our Site and you electronically communicating your acceptance of that offer via Our Site to us. An offer made by us in this way may be conditional upon the provision by you of certain information and will be made in our absolute discretion. We reserve the right not to make an electronic offer to you, including in circumstances where eligibility criteria have not been met;
- we may act on and process all completed electronic instructions transmitted or issued through Our Site without further consent from or reference to you; and
- we may treat an Electronic Instruction as authentic and are under no obligation to investigate the authenticity or authority of persons issuing or transmitting such Electronic Instructions, or to verify the accuracy and completeness of such Electronic Instructions.
Creating a binding insurance contract with us via the site is a two-step process is as follows:
- The first step is to create a quote for the insurance product you are interested in and have selected. Upon completion by you of all required details, Our Site will provide you with a quote, identified by a quote number; and
- If you wish to purchase insurance in accordance with a quote provided to you by us via Our Site, then, upon completion by you of all required details, step two enables you to accept that quote and create a binding insurance agreement with a corresponding policy number.
When entering into a contract via Our Site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, you will be taken to have communicated your acceptance to an offer of insurance from us only when:
- the electronic instruction containing the acceptance from you enters and is recorded in our main database or a secondary database, as applicable (‘Relevant Database’);
- a record is created and stored in the Relevant Database;
- a policy number is generated by the Relevant Database; and
- we receive all required details of a current and valid payment card (a card which you are authorised to use and which is of a card type accepted by us), and to which we are able to charge/debit the premium.
A binding insurance contract is conditional on us being able to successfully charge against your nominated payment card and us receiving payment of your applicable premium.
Where a transaction is entered into between us and you via Our Site, a policy number will be issued. However, a binding insurance agreement is not conditional on the issuance or receipt by you of a policy number but is conditional upon us receiving your premium payment or your current and valid payment card details and a valid policy commencement date election. Therefore, the failure by you to receive a policy number does not invalidate or otherwise prejudice the existence of an insurance contract or transaction entered into using Our Site.
We may or may not issue a paper confirmation of the insurance policy. The existence of a binding contract is not conditional on us issuing, or you receiving, a paper confirmation of the transaction.
You are responsible for ensuring that you receive a policy number and should contact us if one is not received.
For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions in this term 8 only apply to certain applications for or purchases of insurance product conducted electronically by the Site and in circumstances where we make an express electronic offer to you. These terms do not apply where the purchase occurs by way of a written paper-based application or other non-electronic means.
All payments are to be made by permitted payment cards at the time of purchase in relation to the applicable policy or service. In the case of a payment card transaction, you must therefore provide to us details of your permitted current and valid payment card, including:
- payment card type;
- name on payment card;
- payment card number;
- card verification value (CVV); and
- expiry date.
- Pricing and Availability of Goods
Unless otherwise stated on our website, all prices on our website are in Australian dollars and are valid and effective only in Australia (policies on our website are issued to people resident in Australia). All prices and availability of goods and services may be changed at any time without notice. Allianz reserves the right to correct pricing errors at any time Allianz is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever from failure to deliver or delay in delivery of products/services
- Valuation tools, calculators, games and other features
- Our Site may contain or make available various tools, calculation devices, software programs, games or other features which may assist you in calculating such things as the optimal insurance policy, premium or level of excess. Our Site may also contain other useful information, such as information about the insurance industry; and
- Whilst we have undertaken reasonable steps to ensure that any such features or information as described in term 9(a) are accurate and free from defect, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, correctness or completeness of these features, which are provided on an “as is” basis. The use by you of any of these features or any information provided is entirely at your own risk. The monetary figures used by these features in any calculations are estimates only and do not take account of your particular circumstances.
- Copyright Notice
All content of Our Site (such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software) is our exclusive property or that of our content suppliers (if applicable) and is, unless specifically stated otherwise, protected by copyright or similar ownership rights. It is published by us and may not be reproduced other than by downloading and viewing on a single computer and/or printing a single hard copy, for private purposes only. It is not to be otherwise reproduced, transmitted, made available on a network or used to create derivative works without our prior written consent. All rights are reserved.
If you print off, copy or download any part of Our Site in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use Our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
The trade marks, logos and service marks shown on our website, unless otherwise specified, are our intellectual property. No rights are granted to use any of them without our prior written consent.
All rights reserved.
- Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by Australian law.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Subject to any responsibilities implied by law which cannot be excluded as outlined above, we, and our directors, employees, agents, contractors and related bodies corporate, are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to any content on Our Site or Third Party Material, third party services, or to access (or lack of access) to Our Site by you, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Whilst reasonable steps have been undertaken to ensure that information is free from error, to the extent permitted by law, which law cannot be excluded, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of content of Our Site. All information is subject to change without notice. We do not guarantee that the site or any Third Party Site will be free from viruses, or that access to the site or Third Party Site will function as intended or be uninterrupted. All terms implied by law, except those that cannot be lawfully excluded, are excluded.
You indemnify us (and any of our related bodies corporate) in respect of any liability incurred by us (or any of our related bodies corporate) for any loss, cost, damage or expense, howsoever caused, suffered by us (or any of our related bodies corporate) as a result of your breach of these Online Terms or your use of any of our Online Sites.
- No advice / Risk Management Products
Unless specifically disclaimed, Our Site does not purport to provide you with financial product or investment advice of any kind. The information available via the site does not take account of your particular financial or insurance position or requirements. We suggest that you seek independent advice before acting upon any content on Our Site or any information found on a Third Party Site. Depending on your circumstances, you should also consider whether other types of advice may be relevant to your situation, including but not limited to independent legal, accounting or financial planning advice.
Any risk management products featured on our Online Sites involve risks when using such products. You should seek expert advice before using such products so you are fully informed of the risks involved.
- Changes to these Terms
We may revise these Terms and Conditions of use at any time by amending this page without notice.
By using the website or this application you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms of Conditions. As such, please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made.
The materials appearing on Our Site and or application could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors.
We do not guarantee that Our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access Our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse Our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Site. You must not attack Our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Cybercrime Act 1990 (Cth). We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Our Site will cease immediately.
- Linking to Our Site and/or Application
You must not link (including deep linking) to our website or access, monitor or copy any content or information of this website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our prior written agreement.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- Applicable Law
If any dispute arises between you and us, the laws of Australia will apply. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts.
If any exclusion(s) or limitation(s) contained in these Terms and Conditions is found, in whole or part, to be unlawful, void or for any other reason unenforceable for any purpose(s), that exclusion(s) or limitation(s) or the part(s) in question shall be deemed severable and omitted from these Terms and Conditions for that purpose / those purposes. Such omission shall not affect the validity, effectiveness or enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions.